Before investing in commodity futures you obviously need to have some knowledge and familiarity about the commodities market. Commodity futures are globally recognized to be a part of every successful and diversified investment portfolio. Basically commodity futures contract is an agreement. And the agreement is to buy or sell a fixed amount of commodity at a particular price on a specific date in future and the prices is fixed. Buyers use such contracts to avoid risk and also commodity tips are also very helpful to avoid the chances of risk.
There are some interesting and useful reasons that make investing or trading in commodity futures an attractive proposition.
1. Leverage: The investors can only have a fraction of the value of the futures contract with the broker to cover the exchange specified margin requirements. The commodity futures trading is basically done on margins and follow the margins. This gives the investors, the ability to generate higher returns and greater leverage.
2. Liquidity: The investments in commodity futures offer high liquidity, it is not like the investment vehicles like real estate. The investor can easily liquidate his position whenever required because it is equally easy to both buy and sell futures. One more advantage of this is being able to use the profits from a trade elsewhere, without the need to close the position.
3. Diversification: This can be refer to change. Hence, the investment in commodities markets are an excellent means of portfolio diversification. Commodities are an important component of having a diversified investment portfolio.
4. Profitable returns: There is a hug swing in prices of commodities, hence the commodities are riskier form of investments. Companies either hit it right on a resource discovery or experience heavy losses. This is helpful for you because this opens up opportunities for you to make profits in the commodity market provided you to plan your investments right.
5.Transparency in the process: This is very transparent process or we can say that trading in commodity is a very transparent process. The course of action you perform will lead you to the fair price discovery which is controlled by large-scale participation.
6. Hedging: During inflation the prices of commodity goods go up as other investors sell off their stocks and bonds to invest in commodities. Therefore, you can be benefit from some commodities in your portfolio that act as a potential hedge against risks.
7.Risk management: Managing the risk is very important aspect. And in India risk management is a major benefit for commodities traders. A well structured settlement procedures and prudent risk management practices are followed in exchanges which reassures an investor, and help to earn more. As market increasing, the risk is also getting high, in this Intraday tips are very helpful to minimize the risk.