The prevention of injury is less expensive than the cost of an injury. Workplace safety is very important and a safe and healthy workplace attracts and retains quality employees. Implementing an effective safety program for your workplace is the best decision a company can make. The company and the workers thrive in a safety, healthy, respectful and caring environment. Workplace safety is an asset to a community, operates more efficiently and enjoys a healthy bottom line.
This is the risk management process used in Australia to ensure workplace health and safety. It’s the systematic method to eliminate, reduce or minimize the risks of harm which people may be exposed to at workplace. The assessment includes looking at work activities, considering what could go wrong and decide the suitable control measures to prevent injury or damage in the workplace.
Reasons Why Workplace Safety is Important:
- Everyone wants to go home safe each day, and a safe work environment produces happier employees.
- The workplace premises are kept to higher standards for safety. A proper safety program helps to create productive work environments and create a great safety culture where everyone wants to be safe.
- With effective safety workplace, the absenteeism drops.
- Workplace Safety Australia identifies the main causes of serious non-fatal workplace injuries and the researchers collect data about injuries, no of workers miss days from work and rank those injuries according to the total worker’s compensation costs.
- Most of the clients want to work with companies that are safe and a safe work environment enhance the brand value and goodwill for a company.
Health and safety management system is an integral part of good management which is effective both on a system and behaviorallevel. A well designed occupational health and safety (OHS) program are often said to be good for your business as well as being a key legal and social obligation. Investing in OHS can reduce the risk of sickness absence, injury rates, lower insurance costs, the costs associated with replacing staff and increase in productivity levels.
There is substantial evidence that investing in good OSH can increase staff morale, organization loyalty and contribute to its reputation. Occupational Health and Safety Australia enables you to meet your legal duties to assess and control risk and monitor and review preventive and protective measures. It reduces fatalities, injuries, and illnesses of the employees during workplace.
Benefits of investing in occupational health and safety:
- It helps to maximize the performance and productivity of the employees.
- It enhances employee’s commitment to the organization.
- It helps to build happier and healthier workforce.
- OHS reduces business costs and disruption.
- It encourages the workforce to stay longer in active life.
- It protects and enhances an organization’s reputation and credibility.
If you are looking for the best firm that saves your time, money and reduce your risk then Workplace OHS Main & Associates is the best choice to go with. They are the experts in OHS and Risk management in Melbourne Australia.
For more details to know about Workplace OHS Main & Associates please visit our website HERE; http://safesystem.com.au/.